Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My Few of My Favorite Things...

Hi all! I'm linking up with Teaching Trio for their linky, A Few of My Favorite Things.


My first favorite thing today is networking and sharing ideas with fellow bloggers/TpT'ers (I'm not exactly sure that's a word, but you know what I mean, right?!). Yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet up with some of my cohorts who have also begun their TpT journey. It was a wonderful afternoon full of sharing ideas, advice, and tips. I left the meet-up feeling recharged and ready to tackle my blog again. I'm also spinning my wheels about some new products that I would like to create for SS this year since I'm changing grade levels (that will have to be a whole other post).


My second favorite thing today is summertime! Can I get an AMEN?! I have been thoroughly enjoying my days off with my three children. We have slept late, taken naps, ventured on a few day trips, completed two weeks of swimming lessons, stayed up REALLY late, played outside, and the list goes on...I guess it doesn't sound like we've relaxed, but I'm telling you, we have! I love the feeling of no alarm clock (most days), and the ability to stay in our pajamas if we want. I'm thinking that we are going to have to begin to get into some sort of routine around the middle of July. Boo!

My third favorite thing today is baseball. First off, I am a huge sports fan, especially when it comes to  football and baseball! I have had the pleasure of attending my nephew's All-Star games the past two nights. That boy can play ball! Last night's game was a tough one. Bless them, they worked so hard to tie the game twice, but unfortunately they weren't able to pull out a win in the last inning. I'm still proud of my nephew and his team; they really deserve a shout out for their sportsmanship and perseverance!

I'd love to hear a few of your favorites as well! I hope you are enjoying your summer!

Elaine, Teaching Lane

2 comments:

  1. Love your list! I feel I connected with all of them lol. I'm fairly new to TPT and just blogged about my favorite things about it, one of which was the collaboration. I LOVE the non-competitive nature of TPT and the many wonderful teachers out there willing to help one another. It is so refreshing! Summer is also my favorite time of year, although it has been raining here every day for the past 19 days UGH! Lastly, I'm a huge sports fan too - HOCKEY (season ticket holder for the PIttsburgh Penguins), baseball, football, and racing. When my nephews were younger I loved going to their baseball games! Now they are all grown up and one is racing - which is a lot more nerve-wracking to watch than baseball! lol
    Tina
    http://oblockbooksblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Meet ups are fun....but a little humbling to me! Hopefully I'll get past it once and for all in VEGA$!! I miss the semi-structured summer days with my now-grown kids. Enjoy!! You lost me with baseball though! I know...I know... but I'm a soccer mom. Forgive me??
    Enjoyed reading your list! Maybe we'll Meet-Up sometime!

    Debbi
    3rd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete