Saturday, July 4, 2015

Plan With Me Sunday




Planning...it can be done in a variety of ways, which is the purpose of this awesome link-up, Plan With Me Sundays. My good friends from Keeping Up with Mrs. Harris and Kreative in Kindergarten worked together to develop this blog to help teachers in need of additional planning support (or teachers who like to get crafty). DISCLAIMER: I am being 100% truthful in this blog post. Is it going to be beneficial to you? I'm not sure, but I guarantee that you will more than likely enjoy reading it.

First of all let me start off by telling what I don't do. As of right now, I don't decorate my planner. As of right now, I don't use pretty colorful pens to write in my planner. Honestly, as of right now, I don't even have an official planner. There. I said it. I don't have a planner. Although I don't exactly have a cutesy, decorative planner to record all of my plans for the day, week, and month, that doesn't mean that I don't plan at all. After all, I'm a mother of three small children (ages 6, 3, & 1), a wife, friend, daughter, teacher, etc. I plan. I have to. Continue reading to learn about how I currently go about planning the events of each week.

When I plan, I usually get out my phone so that I can see the dates for the upcoming week. I usually create an event for anything my family has to do outside of our home (birthday parties, sporting events, church trips, etc.). Then I usually talk with my husband to see if there's anything I've left out. Now let me clarify something; notice that I said "usually" in the above statements. Yeah, that's because I'm not very OCD about recording things that I need to do. Sometimes I enter it into my phone, other times simply saying out loud is enough for me to remember what I need to do or where I need to be.

I bet many of you are cringing at the thought of me not using a planner, much less not even writing it down sometimes. Well, let me explain something to you. I have one of those personalities that immediately tries to jam pack as much as I can into one day. Even if I had a nice little organizer, I would look at it, and then immediately decide that I could do x amount of things before and after the scheduled event(s). It's crazy, I know. It causes me to be late...a lot. I don't like being late, I really don't, but sometimes the only way I feel like I can get something finished is to be a few minutes late.

Now, for the good news. As I'm beginning to prepare for the upcoming school year (I know, let's NOT talk about that yet!), I have begun looking online for printable planners. Why printable? Because I am a cheap-o, and I want to make sure that I am going to use the planner (and stick to using it) before I invent a lot of money into something "cutesy". Once I have found the planner that's right for me, or at least pieced together a planner based off of the various ones I'm finding all over the internet, I plan to use it to record everything from sales to blog posts to personal events. I feel like I definitely need to move on from just using my phone...sometimes...and begin writing everything down in one central location. Will I stick to it? I'm not sure. Am I going to try? You bet ya!

Now, I'm pretty sure I know what you are thinking..."This lady's post didn't help me at all." I'm sorry if you are thinking that; however, I know that there are others that are just like me. Link up next time to see how my planner usage is going.

Oh, and don't forget to enter the giveaway!

Thanks for stopping by,

Elaine, Teaching Lane